Monday, May 13, 2013

Angelina Jolie









Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - lovingly referred to as Brangelina by fans - have definitely been keeping a tight lid on their upcoming wedding plans, actress Angelina Jolie made a rare public appearance at the 2013 Women in the World Summit in New York April 4. The slender Jolie, 37, looked radiant in a flowing olive evening gown topped off with a black cape.

Angelina Jolie was on hand to honor Malala Yousafzai, a 15-year-old Pakistani girl who was assassinated by Taliban gunmen for advocating education for women. Angelina, a U.N. goodwill ambassador since 2001, has donated $200,000 to build a school in Malala's name.

"Here's what the gunman and the Taliban accomplished on that day: They shot her at point-blank range in the head – and made her stronger," said Jolie.

Angelina, who occasionally fasts to emphasize with starving kids around the world, is often criticized for being too thin but generally follows a healthy diet and does Pilates and Wii video workouts. Angelina has said her mom Marcheline Bertrand's 2007 death from ovarian cancer has made her more aware of the importance of good health and fitness.


I lost my mother not so long ago, the mom of six, told the Chicago Sun-Times. "It becomes important for you to stay healthy and age gracefully. I want to see my grandkids. I want to see my children grown and spend the years with Brad."

Jolie, who's hailed for her stunning natural beauty, hasn't had any plastic surgery and doesn't plan to, but says people should get it if it makes them feel better.

"I haven’t had anything done and I don’t think I will," Jolie said. "But if it makes somebody happy, then that’s up to them. I’m not in somebody else’s skin to know what makes them feel better about themselves. But I don’t plan to do it myself."


No comments:

Post a Comment